02 June 2008

My Black Cat
by Helen George

My black cat and I have a good rapport,
When I arrive home, she greets me at the door,
I reach down and pet her, whisper hello,
I'm happy to see her, I want her to know.

And she feels the same way, she's letting it show,
She brushes 'round my legs, meows her hello,
Reaches up and puts her paws on my knee,
Imparting her message "Won't you please hold me?"

So I hold her and stroke her under her chin,
And she purrs her delight and says do it again,
Rubs her chin against mine, I know what she meant,
She's showing she owns me by leaving her scent.

At times, when I'm standing bare-footed, I'll feel
Her sandpaper tongue as she licks at my heels,
Sometimes, when I stroke her, she nips at my arm,
But ever so gently, she means me no harm.

My love for my cat is whole and unmatched,
And she loves me right back, no conditions attached,
We're happy together and will stay that way,
Till one or the other of us reach the end of our days.

2 comments:

  1. 5 Jun 2008 Sent email to query@catfancy.com with a
    request for publication in Cat Fancy magazine [sent My Black Cat, Cat Antics, The Cat, and My Sweet Little Sugar]

    ReplyDelete