24 May 2008

Musing
by Helen George


I lay on my back and gazed at the sky,
Watching the clouds as they drifted by,
Content and happy, no cares have I,
Just passing the time as my thoughts go awry.


Looking for shapes as I did when a child,
Look, there's a pony running and wild,
And that's a pirate, with the ghost of a smile,
Now a tiny babe who might stay for awhile.


And, so, the time passes as I rest for a spell,
It's quiet and peaceful here in the dell,
Then, in the distance, I hear a church bell,
And I stir for I know I should no longer dwell.


Then I brush myself off as I rise from the ground,
And head for the path that leads back toward town,
My mind's refreshed, no need for a frown,
Just a smile and a wink, as I lumber on down.

4 comments:

  1. [Written 20 May 2008. Posted on poetrypages.com 22 May 2008.]

    ReplyDelete
  2. 26 May 2008. Posted on The Poetry Showcase.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 22 May 2008 Submitted this to poetscanvas.org [one email submission per month with 3-6 poems; 4-8 wk response time; $10 per poem if accepted]

    ReplyDelete
  4. 15 Jun 2008 I sent an email to gilfordmmllc@aol.com with my poem Rolling Blue Hills and asked for publication in their Poetry Magazine.

    15 Jun 2008 I rec'd an email from Mary Barnet, Editor of Poetry Magazine, asking me to send them two additional poems and a bio. I replied same day and sent Thoughts Of The Sea and Musing.

    ReplyDelete