31 May 2008

Afternoon Tea
by Helen George

I gazed out my window at the gray rainy day,
And I knew that today I'd stay inside to play,
So, I gathered my dolls around about me,
And invited them all to have afternoon tea.

In this chair I'll sit Rosie in her bright red dress,
Next will go Blondie, her curls combed afresh,
In this chair across we'll sit dear Miss Phoebe,
And last, but not least, is my sweet little DeeDee.

The table's adorned with a white lacy cloth,
And my blue china tea set has been set forth,
The tea is steeping, there's sugar and cream,
Enough different cookies for a little girl's dream.

The afternoon passes as we sip tea and chat,
Whispering about this and laughing at that,
"I'm glad you could join me," I say to each one,
In spite of the rain, it's been marvelous fun.

2 comments:

  1. 31 May 2008 Written and posted same day on The Poetry Showcase.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 21 Jun 2008 Posted on Your Poetry Dot Com

    ReplyDelete