30 May 2008

Thoughts Of The Sea
by Helen George

As the sun in the sky rises high overhead,
I toss the seagulls crumbs of day old bread,
They swoop and grab while suspended in air,
Screeching and calling, demanding their share.

The sea water's warm as I wade ankle deep,
Bubbles of foam splash my legs as they sweep
Over the sand, leaving seashells behind,
Washing sandcastles away as they wind.

In the sand dunes, I stop, look out at the waves,
Swollen and rising, so somber and grave,
Heading for shore, where they crest and break,
Then ebbing, they leave a dark stain in their wake.

Sailboats on the horizon, drifting at ease,
White sails billowing in the gentle breeze,
The sea air invigorates, stand tall at the helm,
Embrace mother nature as you enter her realm.

5 comments:

  1. Written 30 May 2008. Posted same day on The Poetry Showcase.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1 Jun 2008 Posted on The Poetry Pages under New Members Cafe

    ReplyDelete
  3. 9 Jun 2008 Submitted by mail to Second Annual Rhyming Poetry Contest 2008 with entrance fee of $15 and cover letter. You could send 3 poems. I sent Rolling Blue Hills, Thoughts Of The Sea, and The Flag.

    ReplyDelete
  4. 11 Jun 2008 emailed 3 poems to FairfieldReview@hpmd.com for possible listing on their internet site, The Fairfield Review. They pay no money for this. Closing date 30 Jun 2008 for Fall 2008 issue. Sent: Rolling Blue Hills, Thoughts Of The Sea, The Flag.

    ReplyDelete
  5. 15 Jun 2008 I sent an email to gilfordmmllc@aol.com with my poem Rolling Blue Hills and asked for publication in their Poetry Magazine.

    15 Jun 2008 I rec'd an email from Mary Barnet, Editor of Poetry Magazine, asking me to send them two additional poems and a bio. I replied same day and sent Thoughts Of The Sea and Musing.

    ReplyDelete