01 June 2008

Cat Antics
by Helen George

They decided to let me sleep atop the TV,
Agreed not to move me, just let me be,
That this could cause a problem was quickly seen,
As I dropped my tail in front of the screen.

They bought me some brand new catnip toy,
Thought it would work, an excellent ploy,
I prefer to paw in the dirt, kick it all about,
That old flower pot's fun, of that, have no doubt.

Sometimes I assent to play with them there,
Catching the toy as it flies through the air,
Then I suddenly stop, ignore them, cry foul,
That's it, I'm done, I'm through playing now.

But, when all's said and done, I'm not a jerk,
I know how to win them, I give them a perk,
I rub against their legs, look up and meow,
They're thinking I love them (I'm thinking chow
!).

3 comments:

  1. 1 Jun 2008 Posted on The Poetry Showcase

    ReplyDelete
  2. 5 Jun 2008 Sent email to query@catfancy.com with a request for publication in Cat Fancy magazine [sent My Black Cat, Cat Antics, The Cat, and My Sweet Little Sugar]

    ReplyDelete