25 May 2008

Rolling Blue Hills
by Helen George

Traveling the highway, in the distance explode
The rolling blue hills of my childhood abode,
The hills are my strength, they're calling to me,
And I know that back home is where I need to be.

I'm yearning to traverse the hills once again,
Feel the sun on my back, lift my face to the wind,
Reminiscing in silence, as my mind wanders back,
To happier times when I walked the dirt tracks.

At the summit I stop, my heart swells in my chest,
As I calmly survey the distant valley at rest,
For endless miles such beauty abounds,
So quiet and peaceful - in awe I gaze down.

Yes, those splendid blue hills are calling my name,
Weaving their wonder, staking their claim,
I give in to their charm, and I know all is well,
I'm entranced by their beauty, caught in their spell.

9 comments:

  1. [Written 25 May 2008. Posted on poetrypages.com 25 May 2008.]

    ReplyDelete
  2. 28 May 2008. Posted on The Poetry Showcase.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 8 Jun 2008 Submitted by email to Poetry Canada Magazine for Rhyming Poetry Contest, 15 Aug 2008 deadline for submitting. If you win, the poem will appear in their magazine. Email address was: info@federationofpoets.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. 9 Jun 2008 Submitted by mail to Second Annual Rhyming Poetry Contest 2008 with entrance fee of $15 and cover letter. You could send 3 poems. I sent Rolling Blue Hills, Thoughts Of The Sea, and The Flag.

    ReplyDelete
  5. 11 Jun 2008 emailed 3 poems to FairfieldReview@hpmd.com for possible listing on their internet site, The Fairfield Review. They pay no money for this. Closing date 30 Jun 2008 for Fall 2008 issue. Sent: Rolling Blue Hills, Thoughts Of The Sea, The Flag.

    ReplyDelete
  6. 15 Jun 2008 PoetryMagazine.com
    Mary Barnet, Editor-in-Chief,
    emailed for possible publication in their magazine
    gilfordmmllc@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. 15 Jun 2008 email rec'd from Mary Barnet, Editor of Poetry Magazine, asking me to send them two additional poems and a bio. I replied same day and sent Thoughts Of The Sea and Musing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. 20 Jun 2008 Posted on Your Poetry Dot Com

    ReplyDelete
  9. 20 Jun 2008 Posted on Wild Poetry Forum

    ReplyDelete